Friday, September 8, 2017

A Beary, Merry Christmas Card | DT By Tarina Lafollette

Hello Everyone!
I've been working on a new project (coming soon! lol), and I now have many small pieces of kraft paper left over. Instead of throwing away all those pieces, I had an idea. Chevron kept popping up in my mind, so I figured I'd try it out.


 I randomly arranged the kraft pieces on white cardstock; gluing them as I went. Then, once I'd filled the whole piece, I attatched it to the corner of my blue patterned paper. I decided to rotate the piece just to add a little visual interest.
Next up, is trimming the edges off and tying the string around it.
Once the string is in place, I sat it aside and fussy cut the little raccoon and his present from one of the cut-apart sheets in the Beary Christmas paper pack. I popped him up on foam tape and added him to the front. I wanted a sentiment for the front also, so I found the Say It All stampset, some black cardstock, stamped and heat embossed 'Merry Christmas' in white. I trimmed it down, dove-tailed both ends and stuck it down. 
I knew I wanted a color behind the piece that was a good contrast to the glacier paper, so I pulled a red with festive, scripty words from the Beary Christmas paper pack. Once I attached the front to the card base with foam tape, I added a few bitty sparkles and grey enamel gems. And that's it! 

Beary Christmas Card Recipe
Say It All Stampset (retired)
Twine (from my stash)
***
https://janicewilson.closetomyheart.com/

This is a great way to use up the little bits and pieces of your projects instead of letting them go to waste.

I hope you have a great weekend, and I can't wait to share my upcoming project with you guys soon!

~Tarina
@hellotarina 

No comments:

Post a Comment