Friday, July 7, 2017

Miss You- Cardmaking kit Dress-Up Part 4 | DT by Tarina Lafollette

Hello All!
Last week I did a total wardrobe change on card project #2, so today I'm bringing you project #1 with a wardrobe change as well. I know it's backwards, lol but that's just how my inspiration struck.


For this one I continued to work with the No Worries collection, but I changed up the sentiment to 'Have a sweet birthday!' which is found in the Sweet Birthday stampset. Enjoying the beach would definitely be a sweet birthday for me! I stamped the sentiment in Sapphire ink, which is the same dark blue color found on the bottom of the palm trees.
The background pieces were just begging to be distressed again, so I gave in, lol and I popped the palm trees up on 3D Foam Tape. The trees and the starfish both came in the No Worries Compliments pack. Instead of the shimmer trim that is used in the WYW guide, I used the White Burlap ribbon that came in the No Worries- WYW scrapbooking kit, but I decided it needed two pieces instead of one. The sequins also come in the kit and I love how they balanced out the kraft color of the starfish as well as the light color of the burlap ribbon. It needed just a little extra something, so I pulled a Bitty Sparkle in to make my group of three on the right of the sentiment.
And that's it!
Was it quick?
Not really, lol
My process video (which was literally from start to finish) took about 45 mins.
Do I like how it turned out?
I love how it turned out! lol
And it inspired me to use this cutting guide again....Next time it won't be for cards though, I promise! ;)
Here's the Recipe
in case you loved the products used:

No getting bored of my Miss You- WYW mini series yet! lol
I only have inspiration for two more installments. Then who knows what I'll be onto next! :D 
 If you would like to watch my creative process, here's the link:

I hope you have a lovely weekend!
~Tarina

Visit me on Facebook & Instagram:
@hellotarina

No comments:

Post a Comment